Being based in Melbourne, it’s not every day that you get to head across to the west of the country for a wool sale, auctioneer Western Australian wool and then come home with your own piece of it. That’s right. A piece of it!
The SWOOLLY wool sweater jumper | the specs review
- 19.5 micron 100% Australian (Western Australian) Merino wool comes with all highly wearable benefits of all wool and makes for a super soft feel.
- Machine washable thanks to the mercerised yarn (read ‘safe from Sam’s domestic s/kills’)
- Half zip front complete with Woolmark logo on the tab, as a general public beacon/conversation starter to ‘yes this is made of wool’ and I’m not super brave so majority unzipped is my go to
- SWOOLLY label at the back – should definitely be in a lighter colour for the next batch because who doesn’t want to talk about wool?
- Good height collar that sits up tidily on its own at a sort of trendy cuddle without screaming strangely upright.
- Spot on with sleeve lengths, which was a huge relief for me since torso/arm ratio can be a bit hit and miss.. added bonus of thumb holes for layering functionality and hand warmth
- Lightweight & perfectly layerable or worn as is – zero prickle next to skin
If you have stumbled across our website for the first time, and you aren’t sure what we do, then please allow us to introduce ourselves and to welcome you here to Wool for Every Day. Wool for Every Day is a wool education and wool product curation platform, a passion project of a wool industry professional. Simply put, we are on a mission to highlight products made from wool and that wool is the natural fibre for today’s world, every day.
- Sizing guide – take the time and do a measure, very easy to navigate to make sure you have the right fit
- Two colours – Charcoal Grey and Navy Blue. After much deliberation, I opted for the Grey because the I’m still in love with my Navy Bow & Arrow jumper, don’t really have light coloured pants and am a sucker for a mottley grey..
- Pickup option available, shipping is a little extra and bulk options catered for
Sadly, it’s not a regular thing to get a hold of a quality woollen piece and get change back from handing over a note. But priced at under $90, be sure to head over to SWOOLLY.com.au and get your own piece of Western Australia! (And hey, let me know if you rate it as much as I do!)
$5 from every SWOOLLY sold is directly donated to the Michael Manion Wool Industry Foundation!